Online Science Education
By availing an online degree in Science Education candidates can specialize in curriculum design and development, teaching, educational administration, leadership, educational technology, and other areas of teacher education in science. Degree programs are offered at the bachelor’s and master’s degree level. These teacher education programs are designed especially for K-12 learning environments. In order to be eligible for a Science Education degree, you must have good verbal as well as quantitative skills.
- It offers a wide range of options, you are sure to find one that suits your specific needs.
- Online teacher certification gives you the flexibility you need to complete certification and licensing requirements while you work or attend to other responsibilities.
- Most online degree programs can be completed at your own pace, one class at a time. Also, you can utilize the accelerated online tracks if you wish to speed up your learning process.
The coursework of a Science Education degree program may cover the following aspects:
- Instructional Strategies
- Educational Technology Science Education
- Educational Research Methods
- Conceptual Development in Science
- Elementary School Science Curriculum
- Secondary School Science Curriculum
- Learning Assessment in Science Programs
Candidates are trained in various subjects such as biology, chemistry, physics, earth science, astronomy, geology, etc. The master’s degree program often includes a thesis or research project.
Science and mathematics at K-12 schools are areas that continue to need more and more trained teachers, science curriculum designers, and educational administrators, especially to boost learning in elementary and secondary school education. Therefore, on completing an online Science Education degree job possibilities are enormous. Graduates can also be employed as educational consultants, working for tutoring services or state departments of education. Science teachers who have a specialized education degree often earn salaries ranging from $60,000 to $75,000. Education administrators earn over $82,120. Employment of K-12 teachers is projected to grow 13% through 2018.
Thanks to the government policies and funding favoring science teaching and curriculum development, career outlook for online Science Education degree graduates looks very promising. Therefore, it is about time you chose the online Science Education degree that suits you the most from the list of courses offered by accredited universities across the United States. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the Science Education degree program that you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics