Online Doctoral Degree
An online PhD degree in education offers you the opportunity to specialize in certain areas, such as adult education, instructional technology, instructional design, Curriculum and Instruction, K-12 education, educational administration, educational leadership, special education, and many more. Earning a PhD in education prepares you for teaching positions in higher education in addition to giving you an understanding of environments and procedures that enhance instructional and learning effectiveness.
A master’s degree in a related field is usually required for pursuing educational studies at the doctorate level.
If you want to hold an academic research role in the field of education, such as an educational theorist or policymaker, a PhD degree in education is a must. Also a Doctor of Education is an important part of a career in educational administration or management and leadership . It also helps if one is required to handle supervision of curriculum development, personnel management, budgeting, project management, and leadership.
Benefits of pursuing the course online:
- It offers a wide range of options, you are sure to find one that suits your needs.
- Findings from the Survey of Earned Doctorates showed that in the broad field of education, a large number of individuals were employed full time before starting their graduate degree programs, and many continue to work full time while earning their doctorate degrees. An online doctoral degree in education program will give you the flexibility to maintain your current position, and tenure, while attaining a higher degree.
- Most online degree programs can be completed at your own pace, one class at a time. Also, you can utilize the accelerated online tracks if you wish to speed up your learning process.
The job outlook for those with a campus or online PhD degree is excellent. Candidates who graduate from an online PhD degree program in education are qualified to work as administrators, researchers, high school teachers, and so on. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the national median wage for education administrators in a secondary or elementary school is over $74,000, and this figure is much higher for administrators in higher education. Employment in these positions often includes a comprehensive benefits package along with a gratifying salary.
As an innovator in the field of education, take advantage of technology to earn a doctorate degree in education at your own convenience and become a part of the growing number of people attaining higher education degrees through online resources. Choose the doctorate course that suits you the most from the list of courses offered by accredited institutes across the United States. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the doctoral degree program you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- Adult Education
- Art Education
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Educational Counseling
- Educational Leadership and Administration
- Educational Technology
- General Education
- Higher Education
- Leadership and Administration
- Multicultural Administration
- Physical and Coaching Education
- Secondary Education
- Special and Gifted Education