Online Associate Degree
An associate’s degree is an academic degree traditionally awarded by community colleges, junior colleges, and some bachelor’s degree-granting colleges and universities upon completion of 60 undergraduate credits. Full-time students usually earn an associate’s degree in two years, while part-timers may take a bit longer.
There are two primary types of associate’s degrees: transfer degrees and vocational or professional degrees.
Transfer degrees form the foundation of a bachelor’s degree by enabling students to complete some or all of the general education requirements to transfer to a bachelor’s degree program.
The most common transfer degrees are:
- An Associate of Arts (AA) degree, typically for majors in Social Sciences, Humanities, or General Studies.
- An Associate of Science (AS) degree, typically for majors in Mathematics, Natural Sciences, or Technology.
Occupational or professional associate’s degrees qualify students for entry-level positions that do not require a bachelor’s degree.
If you want to enter the teaching profession or wish to complete your undergraduate bachelor’s degree faster than usual, then an associate’s degree will be quite ideal for you. This is because an associate’s degree takes only two years or less to complete, depending on the school and program you choose.
Benefits of pursuing the course online:
- The programs offer a wide range of options, you are sure to find one that suits your needs
- You will enjoy greater scheduling flexibility with the online classes, as you can learn from home, classroom, or even a local coffee shop.
- Most online degree programs can be completed at your own pace, one class at a time. Also, you can utilize the accelerated online tracks if you wish to speed up your learning process.
- The degree you earn will be considered credible by potential employers, or for credits transfer to other colleges and universities.
Firstly, the shorter time commitment required for an associate’s degree will allow you to enter the workforce twice as soon as students just beginning their bachelor’s degree studies. An associate’s degree guarantees you a better-paying job if your education was stalled at high school equivalency. Statistics show that with an associate’s degree in education, you have the capacity to earn nearly $50,000 to $60,000 a year, depending on your work experience and the school district that you work for. Moreover, associate graduates also have the option to advance their career by obtaining a master’s degree and later on even a doctorate.
Whatever your educational background, if you have the passion to help children learn, then an online associate education program will greatly aid your quest for the right teaching job. So go ahead and choose the online associate’s degree that suits you best from the list of courses offered by various accredited universities across the United States. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the associate’s degree program you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics