Ball State University
|Institution Name||:||Ball State University|
|Campus Setting||:||City: Small|
|Student-to-faculty ratio||:||18 to 1|
|Student population||:||22,083 (18,127 undergraduate)|
If youâ€™d like to be out on the frontier of a field facing a national shortage, where school children and adults struggle with autism and other developmental disabilities, and where the rewards are both personal and financial, itâ€™s time to explore Ball Stateâ€™s masterâ€™s degree in applied behavior analysis (ABA).
Whether as a teacher, psychologist, ABA therapist, or other human service professional, youâ€™ll find opportunities in schools, hospitals, mental health centers, behavioral centers, and residential facilities where youâ€™ll help clients improve language, motor, social, and reasoning skills. Doors to corporations and industrial settings are now opening where applied behavior analysts teach job skills and promote work performance.
Why Ball Stateâ€™s MA in ABA?
• Approved by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board, this program will prepare you to sit for the BCBA exam and earn certification as a board-certified behavior analyst.
• One of only 27 online programs in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and South Korea with BCBA course work and just one of six online programs offering a masterâ€™s degree in ABA with the BCBA course work.
• The 30-hour program is offered completely online.
• The ABA degree is housed within Ball Stateâ€™s Teachers College, which holds numerous national rankings and recognitions.
• Ball State is accredited by the National Association of Colleges for Teacher Education (NCATE), the North Central Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, and Indiana Teacher Training and Licensing Commission.
• BSUâ€™s program works for those from a variety of educational backgrounds, including psychology, criminal justice, social work, education and other areas.
Other programs of Ball State University
Founded in 1899, Ball State Universityâ€™s Department of Education serves the state, nation and world through its research studies, initial teacher certification program, continuing education and a variety of services to state and local education agencies. The same expert BSU professors who teach in the classroom teach its online courses. Therefore, as an online student, you truly get the best of both worlds: a dynamic web-based learning experience grounded in the rich history and tradition of Ball State University. Its online platform allows you to collaborate with classmates for group projects, correspond with your teacher, access course syllabi, explore an online library, and more. In addition, you'll also enjoy the same student support services, from academic advising to financial aid. Students applying to Ball State University will have all the benefits of earning a degree from a well-established, nationally respected institution, with the convenience of an online delivery system that allows them to balance their professional and personal lives while obtaining an advanced degree.
North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, The Higher Learning Commission